Welcome to the 'The Lore of the Things' - an ongoing, feature-length, FREE, online comic from The Etherington Brothers, creators of Malcolm Magic, Monkey Nuts, Tusk, MOON, and Baggage.
It is part homage TO, part parody OF, and part deviation FROM both J.R.R. Tolkien’s legendary masterpiece, The Lord of the Rings, and Peter Jackson’s incredible film trilogy of the same name.
It is our sequential love letter to the twentieth century’s greatest work of literary fantasy.
Frequently asked questions:
1) “How often do you update the site - it seems like you only put up a new episode when it is truly ready, without ever sacrificing speed for quality ... would that be an accurate observation?"
2) “The original Lord of the Rings has a cast of hundreds, a huge sprawling world and a huge, evolving story. Are you going to take your time to tell your own, slightly odd version of this story in its entirety?”
3) “I’m very keen to learn when the latest episode goes live. Would it be easiest to simply follow this blog via the widget on your homepage, or should I join the LOTT Twitter, Facebook, Myspace or Deviantart pages? Or ALL of the above?”
YES. ALL OF THE ABOVE SOUNDS GOOD.
4) “Do you plan to one day collect these strips into a series of thrilling, amusing and epic fantasy tomes, destined to be heralded by future generations as works of diverting comic delight?”
HMMM ... THAT SOUNDS LIKE A NEAT IDEA.
5) “Will there be a host of high quality LOTT merchandise and goodies released periodically to augment the reading experience and allow fans the chance to revel in this mighty tale of Hobbles and Dorks?”
MOST ASSUREDLY, YES.